Billing Rules

  • Students must receive special education services through an IEP.Schools must be enrolled as a SBAP in the PA medical assistance program.
  • Students must have Medical Assistance.
  • Parent consent must be given before any billing can begin.
  • Services must be considered medically necessary and reviewed by MD, DO or CRNP.
  • 100% federally funded service providers cannot bill through the SBAP.
  • Service providers must meet SBAP licensure/certification requirements.

Billable Services

  • Assistive Devices
  • Audiology
  • IEP Development
  • Nursing
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Orientation & Mobility
  • Personal Care Assistant
  • Physical Therapy
  • Physician
  • Psychiatric
  • Social Work
  • Speech, Language, and Hearing
  • Teacher of the Hearing Impaired
  • Special Transportation