Title 1 Documents
Each elementary building provides a monthly online newsletter to supply parents with information and practical ideas to help their child develop academically, socially, and emotionally. There is also a monthly list of daily activities to enhance learning across all content areas and stages of development.
Additional free resources are available for parents to borrow. Please check with the Reading Department for information.
District approved websites for literacy learning. Several of the sites also include other content such as science and math. None of these sites require a subscription or log in.
- Starfall Website - early reading skills and practice
- Fizzy Funny Fuzzy -Fun Poetry for Kids
- Reading Games and Activities - Large amount of reading games and activities for all ages and learning stages
- Stories and Reading Activities - older elementary students (also in Spanish)
Websites providing parents with ideas and resources to help foster a love of literacy at home.
- Lexile® at Home – suggestions and activities on fostering literacy and learning at home
- Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) – Great Websites for Kids